Monday, November 7, 2011

Yahweh Yireh

Theme for November: God's character
Verse:
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights."
James 1:17a-c
Mom's Musing:
The theme for October was centered around our identity. For the months of November and December my blog will focus on God and who He is.
The other day my labradoodle (a cross between and lab and a standard poodle), Murphy, and I went for a run. After a block, I realized I had forgotten the all important poop bag. Now it may seem odd to pray about this type of thing but I'm convinced God wants to be a part of everything in his children's lives-just like I do in mine. So I asked him to prevent Murphy from making a pit stop. God,  the Creator of the Universe, can totally handle this prayer.
After Murphy and I had gone approximately two more blocks, I noticed an empty plastic bag in the middle of the road. The bag seemed to be waiting for us. After a thorough examination, I picked it up and thanked God for his sweet provision.
Parenting Tip: Talk about the times, both big and small, that God has provided for your family. Pray a prayer of Thanksgiving for his good gifts. God is the provider.

No comments:

Post a Comment