Monday, May 7, 2012

Stuck in the Muck










Theme for May: Inspiration!


Verse: 
"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, 
who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 
But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt." 
James 1:5-6a


Mom's Musing:


Recently I attended an FYI (For Your Inspiration) Conference in Colorado Springs. Kendra Smiley, one of the seven speakers, talked about living a balanced life. She pointed out every person has "If onlys" and "What ifs". Regrets and worries for choices made in the past and what may be the future result.

In my parenting classes I've had many parents lament, "I've done it all wrong. If only I parented differently my kids wouldn't be  (fill in the blank)." STOP right there! From today on, alter your approach. Or as Kendra aptly puts it,"Make the next right choice." God is not limited by our mistakes or time!




Parenting Tip: Don't sit in the muck and mire of  remorse and anxiety. Get up, wash off, move forward. Trust God. He will help you. Ask Him for His wisdom and He will supply all you need. And that's a promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment