Monday, June 13, 2011

Every Man for Himself

Theme for June: Unity
Scripture Verse:
"I will never leave nor forsake you." Joshua 1:5c
Mom's musing:
"We won't leave anyone behind. It's not safe." Those words were reassuring to me and to my daughter. The two of us, along with three other women, will be doing a rim to rim hike of the Grand Canyon this summer. I'm beginning to understand this is going to be a challenging undertaking. Knowing unity is valued and my fellow team will hang together when the going gets tough provides security. This is a picture of what God promises.He will never leave nor forsake us. No matter what. When the going gets tough He is right there and He's not leavin'! And I for one am grateful.
Parenting Tip:
When family life gets tough, pull together rather than have each one fend for himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment