Monday, June 27, 2011

The Partridge Family

Theme: June Unity

Verse:
"I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me."
Psalm 16:8 NLT

Mom's Musing:
     Have you ever seen a chucker? It's a member of the partridge family. When a chucker moves his tiny head juts back and forth and his skinny legs move in cartoon-like fast motion. Usually a chucker hangs with other chuckers. One morning my daughter noticed a lone chucker running as fast as he could through our yard. All alone. He needed his fellow chuckers to feel safe and protected. 
     Normally when traveling I go with my family. My husband takes care of all the trip details. When I've gone alone something always happens. I have almost missed flights, taken the wrong exit to an unfamiliar airport, and even forgotten my wallet-with my ID! There's a feeling of security being with loved ones. Stick together and as the Partridge family used to sing, "There's nothing better than being together. Come on get happy!"     
    
Parenting Tip:
Family time meets the basic needs of security and belonging. Work some fun family time into your schedule this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment