Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

Theme: July Uniqueness
Verse:
 "Live as servants of God. Show proper respect to everyone." 1 Peter 2:16b-17a
Mom's Musing:
We celebrate Independence Day. Freedom! Americans believe freedom to be an inalienable right. Our children believe this too! Pushing and pulling for more freedom as they grow. I remember watching my daughter cross the street to a friend's house for the first time without  holding my hand. I recall giving her permission to ride her bike to the park without me by her side. The vision of her driving off to school alone is imprinted in my brain. We are to raise up our children to be independent from us to dependent on God.
Parenting Tip: Watch your child to observe when a shift from parental dependence to independence is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment