Monday, September 19, 2011

A Change of Plans

Theme for September: Plans
Verse:
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD,
 "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29: 11
Mom's Musing: Strange. I planned. I wrote. I published..... I thought I published...but last week my blog wasn't circulated. My plans didn't come to fruition. Sometimes that happens with plans. A friend and I have been attempting to get together and plans continue to fall through. Life and work keep getting in the way. Our hearts are right, the circumstances aren't.
A husband and wife I know are trying to adopt. They would be great parents. Everything was going smoothly, then the adoption fell through. They are heart-broken. I can relate. We adopted our first child. Lots of waiting, many delays. Each delay was so painful. I didn't understand. I was angry with the system and angry with God. My heart hurts for my friends. I don't understand why these things happen. The only place I can go is to trust. Trust God.
Parenting Tip: In the hopeless moments, find hope in remembering who God is.

No comments:

Post a Comment