Monday, October 8, 2012

Don't Drink the Water

Well...you don't have to tell me twice. Actually you don't have to tell me once. Seriously, who would drink toilet water? Okay... besides Murphy (my dog).

Like a splash in the face, it hit me. I do. I drink toilet water. I pour all kinds of tainted things into my heart and mind. My thoughts, the things I view, or what I listen to can be poisonous.

Why do I do this?

I am a sinner.

But...I am a saved sinner. There is hope for me. God has given me the power to turn from sin, to run from it. I just need to tap into His Holy Spirit power, drink it in, and let it flow through my veins.

 On my own, I'm parched, dying but His Spirit is the life-giving, pure water-waiting to be consumed.

I pray my children will drink living water.

The college years are filled with toilet water, beckoning the kids to take a sip, next a gulp, then consume a gallon, finally it is their beverage of choice. They can't even taste the poison. (This can make a parent sick, heart-sick.)

If you find yourself in this position of hurting due to your young adults choice of beverage,

PRAY.

My prayer for my kids is any activity that does not honor the Lord leaves them thirsty. I pray they desire clean water. I pray that only Jesus can can quench that thirst.

The enemy may have won the battle but he hasn't won the war.

Whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst.
John 4:14




No comments:

Post a Comment