Monday, May 20, 2013

The Battle of the Bowl


So...what's wrong with this picture? I guess I should be thankful, at least the roll is within reach. I suppose if a box of tissue had been nearby the toilet paper may not have even made it to the counter. 
So here's the big question, do you prefer the forward drop or the backward flap? I've tried both. The backward drop seems to make sense. The paper hangs straight down. No chance of getting twisted. But..the forward flap shows the design. It also seems to be the way hotels handle tissue. Hmmm. That must be the proper way. Anyway...

Lately, I don't care. I'm happy if the roll makes it on the springy-thingy. 

Moms, have you noticed…we are the end of the line when it comes to household management. We get the stuff, organize the stuff, toss the stuff, and donate the stuff. We also locate the stuff.
Why is it that I know where my daughter’s earrings, my son’s shoes, and husband’s wallet are? I don’t know but… I do know. And ....husbands, you know I'm right. Your wife is the go-to-person to find missing items, isn't she? 

 I remember thinking at my own wedding shower (over thirty years ago! YIKES) that once I got married my soup and salad days would be over. Okay... so I would be the sue-chef but  I had not realized I would also be the one in charge of all the stuff.

“Mom, we need more cereal.”

“Mom, did you know we are out of milk?”

So I have come to terms with being the Stuff Manager. I’ve decided it isn’t such a bad role. I love caring for my family. In fact, I'm looking forward to this summer. I'll have my college kids at home. And my managerial skills will come in quite handy. 

As far as the toilet roll goes, I am able to Let. It. Go. (so to speak)  I have a choice. I can fight the natural system-or lack thereof- or I can just place the roll on the roller- any which way. This summer, I’m choosing to pick my battles. And toilet paper isn’t going to be one. 

She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family" Proverbs 31:15a-b

What battles have you decided not to fight?














No comments:

Post a Comment