Monday, July 29, 2013

Win-NING!



I like to win. I don't win very often but when I do....I let everyone in the vicinity know I  WON! I'm not sure what it is but I really ... really like to beat Tom (even if I don't actually win, I'm happy if I have done better than my husband!). My daughter, Kendra, has a theory about my success. "Mom wins at Hearts because she never gets points in card games. And that's a good thing in Hearts." 

HA! (Notice the ten point spread between Kendra and me. I think I've got GAME! And...yah...I pretty much lose every other card game.)

BAM!

That's what my niece, Emma, says when she passes the big thirteen point Queen of Spades off to any of her opponents. She is especially enthusiastic when the recipient is her mom, Keri. 

We play lots of games at the cabin in the summer. We all participate in a good-natured and clean version of taunting and trash talking- just to add to the fun of the chosen game. We tease each other, tell dumb jokes, sing on a whim, eat red licorice and peanut M & Ms, and laugh. 

Good times. Good memories.

Summer is such a great time to connect, be silly, and make memories with our kids. 

Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Psalm 126: 2

What are your family's favorite games? 

Contact Lori to schedule a speaking engagement or a parenting workshop.
If you like this post you may also want to subscribe to www.1Corinthians13Parenting.com

No comments:

Post a Comment