Monday, July 22, 2013

Don't Blink




















A laundry mat, a car wash, a greasy spoon, and the general store. The general store contains a gas station, restaurant, grocery aisle, and of course... three tubs of minnows. At the Pine Inn (the main restaurant in town), my cousin Karen has observed you can order a grilled burger and if you happen to have a wood tick,Gomer, the owner/waiter can take care of that too. He provides a lighter for his customers so they can torch those pesky critters.

What more could you want? All the essentials in one block.

Glen, Minnesota is the Don't blink or you will miss it town.

I also don't want to miss out on the moments, the Eternal Moments, when God shows himself. I want to keep my eyes peeled for his hand and face.

Here are some I've seen....
The days when I've felt discouraged and He provided a rainbow-just for me.
The day when I took my dog for a walk and didn't have a "sanitation sack" and suddenly an empty plastic bag blew around me.
The day when I wondered if I should have spoken up and I saw a billboard announcing, God loves you.
The day I was hurting for my child, and my out of town brother just happened to show up at my doorstep.
The day my husband lost his wedding ring and it turned up in my bible bag.
The day I knew I should of kept quiet then saw a bumper sticker that said, Before you speak, talk to me. (oops)

I don't want to speed through life, missing the quaintness of towns like Glen or even more -the awesomeness of my God. I don't want to cruise through the day and forget to tell my children how the Lord showed up- in small ways and big ways.

I am asking God to keep me in the moment-so I am able to recognize his eternal intervention, power, and sense of humor. 

I wonder how many God winks I have missed because I ...blinked.

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. 
Psalm 46:1


I'd love to hear about a God wink you have had. Please share it. Blessing

Contact Lori to schedule a speaking engagement or a parenting workshop.
If you like this post you may also want to subscribe to www.1Corinthians13Parenting.com













No comments:

Post a Comment