Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day Poem

In keeping with my blog's tradition for special days, I am featuring a poem by my dad. This poem was written about my dad's (and my) favorite spot...The Cabin!
Just recently I was able to share the  magic of the lake with four of my very dear friends! (Three of them are pictured below.)


Rockland

Welcome home oh weary traveler,
my door is open wide.
Though you're tired from your journey,
there's rest for you inside.

Please come and enter in,
you are so welcome here.
I've prepared a place for you,
there is no need to fear.

Tell me of your journey,
did it seem long?
Was it filled with loving friends,
that made life a song?

Now savor all those memories,
I am with you hand-in-hand.
Here is where your Rock abides,
for this place is Rockland.

Amen
*******
......Rockman 5/27/96

Have a wonderful Labor Day. Blessings to you and your family.
~Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment