Friends, Today I have a treat for you. I am interviewing my friends and authors, Greg
and Julie Gorman. If you want a great marriage you will want to read their new book,
Two are Better than One.
1. Greg and Julie, tell us a bit about yourselves. What inspired you to write this book?
First, thank you for sharing this message and allowing us to be part of your community. For nearly two decades we’ve helped thousands of couples develop healthier marriages. And, honestly, were perplexed as to why some couples thrived while others barely survived in their relationship. After years of observation, what we knew subconsciously but struggled to articulate, presented itself. Since our discovery, we tested our newly found truth and analyzed decades of experience and observation. The more we reflected on our findings, the more God convinced us of His irrefutable insight—an insight that when fully embraced, by both husband and wife, will heal, restore, and deepen intimacy in every marriage. Yes, in every marriage, no matter the condition of the relationship. So what is that truth? Couples who live Purpose-focused, NOT Problem-focused, in their relationship, thrive!
2. What is the style of your book?
We love how Stephen Arterburn, host of the #1 nationally syndicated Christian counseling talk show New Life Live describes it; “In Two Are Better than One, Greg and Julie present fun, fresh and frank truths to lead you on a journey of significant discovery that will elevate your expectations and provide direction for your most precious earthly relationship—your marriage.” Our passion is to provide pathways to sustainable growth and life transformation … so when we write… we commit to capture real truths, with real stories, to provide real hope. As a matter of fact, we’ve remained extremely zealous to only present truths we know make a difference in life and marriage. We don’t try to convince anyone of anything; we simply deliver the evidence compiled from working with hundreds of couples for over nearly two decades as well as scriptures and timeless wisdom from thought leaders to back it up. So, be ready to grow and be stretched and yet entertained. We think you’ll laugh at the twist we put on some of our favorite Bible heroes—you may never look at them the same. This book is fun!
3. How did you master the craft of blending your voices and writing together?
When we first married we felt the need to compare and compete; today, we celebrate our unique differences. We had a BLAST writing together and spent so much time talking about what we really wanted to accomplish that by the time we completed the book, we couldn’t discern who shared what. We peppered our writing process with questions like: “how can we say this better, more concise, with more humor and, or, with more punch”. We each wrote to our strengths and then challenged one another’s thought, blended our voices, and continued the process again, and again, and again … so much so that we think we could recite the entire book by heart!
4. One of the things I love that you share in Two Are Better Than One is that “There is no such thing as a Christian without a calling, likewise there is no such thing as a marriage without a ministry.” Do you really believe every couple has a specific marriage purpose?Absolutely! God designed each one of us with the desire to be part of something greater than ourselves. He commissioned us to be a light in our homes, to share the good news, and to bear lasting fruit. We are all made perfectly unique. When we marry, God intends for us to combine our unique strengths, our likenesses and our differences to accomplish a greater purpose. The great thing is, when we do this, we automatically find common ground and share a common goal/purpose to work toward together. We become focused, together, on being all He created us to be! Our calling as a couple is as unique as God is creative.
5. If there is one piece of advice you can share with a couple who is on the verge of giving up on their marriage, what would it be?
Over 17 years ago, we nearly gave up on our relationship … but GOD healed and restored our marriage by teaching us how to live PURPOSE-focused NOT PROBLEM-focused. We are so grateful that in our surrender, He didn’t let us give up or give in. Delve into the process of this book, commit to each exercise, and invite the limitless power of God to heal your relationship. It usually takes time, but changing your habit of thought to being more Christ-like, more purposed focused, renders the marriage God intended for you.
6. Where can people purchase the book or learn more info?
For an autographed copy, go to: Also, login to our site to gain special access to other FREE resources.
GREG AND JULIE GORMAN, authors of Two Are Better Than One…God Has A Purpose For Your Marriage. have been teaching biblical truths for marriage for nearly two decades. They are the Founders of Gorman Leadership, a faith-based organization committed to providing life-transforming content and pathways to sustainable growth. Together, they write, produce, and host weekly broadcasts, and are certified by Dr. John C. Maxwell as executive coaches and trainers. As LifePlan Facilitators with the Patterson Center, Greg and Julie passionately empower believers to discover God’s fingerprint design for their life and assist married couples to discover the purpose God has for their marriage. Greg and Julie, along with their three children, make their home in southern Florida.