Monday, February 6, 2012

Listen up, Tina Turner!

Theme: Love!
Verse:
" If I have faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."
1 Corinthians 13: 2b
Mom's Musing:
My home is nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. When I was a teen, my Minnesota church choir came to Colorado. (Truth be told, I can't sing a note but signed up for choir because of the trip out west. Thankfully the director took bad singers and those with selfish motives. I fit into both categories.) As the bus made it's way on I70 west, I could see the mountain range. As we rolled further west, the mountains disappeared behind the closer foothills. Now I get to see those same foothills everyday. Imagine having a faith to move those mountains, those foothills? That would be impressive, right? But in God's economy it would amount to nada. What does love have to do with it? EVERYTHING. Listen up, Tina Turner.
The best gift we can give our kids on Valentine's or any other day of the week isn't material items or even showing off by moving a mountain. (Okay if you could push a mountain around you would totally rate in the most cool parent department.) The best present is our presence. US. Time with mom and dad talking, hanging out, playing games, laughing. All that spells L-O-V-E. The most precious, meaningful gift. And that's according to God. Since He is love- I guess he knows what he's talking about.
Parenting Tip: Carve out time into your week where you are just having fun with your child. Love endures forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment