Monday, March 25, 2013

Easter Poem

Happy Easter. In keeping with my blog's tradition, I will be posting a poem by my dad, Robert Appel, his pen name was Rockman. Miss you, Pops.



Dear Jesus

At once both shepherd an the lamb
I lost you on good Friday
How could I know our Father's plan
My firm foundation turn to clay.

Left behind in deepest sorrow
I look upon that Calvary hill
What worth is there in my tomorrows
My cup no longer would you fill.

Then beyond all that I can understand
You changed my sorrow into joy
With life and death at your command
My Rock they could not destroy.

Now by Thy wonders Easter morn
We understand and share together
That death is not a crown of thorns
But new life to live forever.

Amen.
******
......Rockman 4/21/2002



Note to the Reader:
These photos were taken in the Holy Land. The first is at the Garden of Gethsemane. The second at the Garden Tomb. My mom and I traveled to Israel together this past fall.What a blessing. Have  a blessed Easter. The TOMB is empty!
~Lori



2 comments:

  1. What a gift - those words from your dad. Living grateful the tomb is empty - wishing you blessing in this Holy Week:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. Yes, my dad had a gift with words and his words are a gift to me-precious. Have a beautiful Easter. ~Lori

      Delete