Monday, April 1, 2013

One Leaf, No Foolin'


One leaf makes the difference between life and death of the mangrove tree.You could miss the few yellow leaves scattered among all the green leaves in the grove. But our captain made certain to point them out.

My daughter, Courtney, and I went on an EcoCruise while on a family vacation in the Florida Keys this past January. We saw lots of different birds, plants, and a few crabs. But the thing that made the biggest impact was the smallest thing we saw.

The yellow leaf. 

According to the guide, the leaf soaks up all the salt water the plant's roots take in. In doing so the rest of the tree can survive- even thrive. But ... the result is the yellow leaf itself, dies.

The leaf's sole purpose  is to die so the rest of the tree can live.

Its name: The Sacrificial Leaf.

(You know where I'm heading with this!) Today, I am thanking God for the sacrifice His Son made for me while he hung on a tree. He sucked up all my salty sin and gave me living water. He gave his life so I could survive- no...thrive. He did it for me, for my family, and for you.

His name: Jesus.

Since that first Easter Morning- every day that follows-is a resurrection day. I am grateful. Because he died for me,  I will live for Him.

He is risen! He is risen indeed.

Look the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! 
John 1:29

No comments:

Post a Comment