Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Daybreak




It's the week of Christmas. In keeping with the tradition to post my dad's poems during special occasions, I came across this one. It could be used as a personal prayer for Christmas morning.

Oh Christmas time, Oh Christmas time
I feel you in my heart.
For no other time of year
brings me joy that you impart.

You came at the right moment,
this is most certainly true.
My life so full of burdens
I could not carry without you.

Then I heard your wondrous message
That Christ was born for me.
And all my worldly cares dissolved
Like salt in to the sea.

Now I know beyond all doubt
If that sun above can't shine
A brighter day breaks for me
Oh Christmas time, Oh Christmas time.
Amen.
******
......Rockman 12/24/92

Miss you, Pops.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, my friends!
Faith, hope,and love,
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment