Monday, February 20, 2012

Love Gifts

Theme for February: Love!
Verse:
Love is kind. 1 Corinthians 13:4b
Mom's Musing:
Need to: shovel driveway, unload dishwasher, walk dog. The list in my head was growing. I'd had a full day and expected to hit the ground running when I returned home. Energy was draining out of my body while thinking about all the things to accomplish before making dinner. But... I came home to three "to dos" done! My daughter had beaten me home and decided to surprise me with her acts of service. I LOVE a surprise! (Quick qualifier: the good kind.)
Energy was filling my bones, contentment filling my heart because of my child's giving heart and consideration demonstration.
Doing small-or in this case many-acts of kindness are a beautiful expression of love. Pitching in or helping out when not asked or expected warms the heart of the recipient.

Parenting Tip: Warm your kids hearts by performing unexpected and small acts of kindness. Kind actions grow love.

No comments:

Post a Comment