Monday, December 17, 2012

The Birth of Hope


The day my dad died, Hope was born.  Hope, a beautiful baby girl, my cousin Jim's fifth child. Jim is my Dad and Mom's nephew and Godkid. How poetic that God ushers in one life while bringing another home. My Dad's hospital room was just a couple floors below the birthing room in the same hospital. How like God to make sure we didn't miss the miracle of hope- the reminder of new life and eternal life. The day I let go of my Dad's hand was the same day I held a new life. Hope. 


On the third week of Advent make a pact with your family to hold onto hope

Hope...is what baby Jesus brings to a world in desperate need of him. Hope...what a crucified Jesus brings to sinful man. Hope...what  resurrected Jesus brings to a dying man. Hope...what Jesus, the coming King, brings to a broken world. 

The cradle, the cross, and the crown are all pictures of hope. 

Jesus... our Hope for a future- an eternal, heavenly future.

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. 
In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so I would have told you.
I am going there to prepare a place for you; and if I go and prepare a place for you, 
I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 
You know the way to the place where I am going. 
John 14:1-4

How do you model hope to your children?


No comments:

Post a Comment